Analysis and Evaluation of a Manufacturing Paper instructions/rubric will be included for assignment details and grading rubric. Plus two additional files of the textbook for reference per the rubric.
Complete an analysis and evaluation of a manufacturing organization.
1. Begin with an introduction to the organization. Identify the company’s manufacturing segment. Detail briefly the products manufactured by your organization, and the company’s market niche and/or customer base.
Analysis and Evaluation of a Manufacturing Costs
2. Identify significant costs in your organization. Some of the topics to research and present about your organization would include, but not be limited to: (a) costs associated with environmental concerns, (b) cost behavior, (c) prevention costs, (d) appraisal (detection) costs, (e) internal failure costs, or (f) external failure costs.
3. Include a section devoted to Cost -Volume-Profit Analysis (CVP). Review Chapter 3 in your textbook. The level of detail you include in this section is flexible. But, make sure your analysis is related to actual financial data from the company. Suggested metrics might include the contribution margin, Degree of Operating Leverage (DOL), breakeven point, and others. IMPORTANT NOTE: If you are unable to access actual financial data for your organization, then that company would, by definition, be inappropriate for the assignment. 4. Discuss budgeting considerations. Include the organization’s budget process, the organization’s budget variances and discuss management decisions related to budgeting.
Analysis and Evaluation of a Manufacturing Independent Research
5. Based on independent research and additional textbook Readings, create a Balanced Scorecard, incorporating all four of the organizational dimensions (financial, customer, internal business (BSC), and learning and growth). Identify 2 or 3 critical success factors (CSFs) for each dimension, and evaluate and analyze your organization’s performance in relation to these critical success factors. (To help you with this part, review the material found on pages 16 and 17 of the textbook. Additionally, read pages 590 to 599 in the textbook in Chapter 11). NOTE: Do not simply cut and paste a BSC collected from an on-line source. Create your own BSC. Exhibit 11.10 on page 599 demonstrates the proper BSC format.
6. Create (again, the term “create” is very important — do not simply cut and paste a version collected from an on-line source) a “strategy map” for your organization. Your organization’s strategy map should resemble Exhibit 11.9, seen on page 596 of your textbook. Include an explanation for each element in your strategy map. One thing to particularly note – The BSC and strategy map must be aligned. Please compare Exhibits 11.9 & 11.10 on pages 596 and 599 in the textbook. Please note that the elements in the BSC & the strategy map are coordinated.
7. Finally, end with a summary review (A formal “Conclusion” section is required) of the performance evaluation. What are the key strengths and weaknesses of the organization? What changes would you recommend be made to the current organizational strategy?
Evaluate the role of heuristics in managerial decision-making.
• Evaluate how heuristics may bias management decision-making related to the identification of Significant Costs, use of CVP Analysis, and the BSC/Strategy Map.
9-10 page that does not include title, abstract and reference list pages