Career Objectives as a Professional Social Worker How did you become interested in social work? What motivated you to choose social work as a profession?
- Describe some traits and abilities that make you particularly suited for the profession of social work.
- Specify your career objectives as a professional social worker.
- Describe your professional social work activities. If you do not currently work in the social work field, describe how your work or volunteer experience relates to professional social work activities. Please be as specific as possible in detailing the similarity to social work activities.
- Describe a situation in which you were confronted with ethical conflict. How did you resolve it?
- Our School of Social Work has a strong multicultural emphasis and values diversity. Please describe your experience(s) with diverse individuals and/or communities. (Differences can include age, socioeconomic status, race, ethnicity, religion, gender, physical or mental abilities, sexual orientation, etc.). Discuss how these experiences have:
Shaped your identity and self-awareness
Broadened your understanding of the role of social work in society
Influenced your understanding of and commitment to social justice
- Discuss a social problem of interest to you. How do you envision a social worker’s role in addressing the issue?
- Please read the information about our MSW program below and describe your plan to accommodate the class and field internship requirements and expected demands of our MSW program.