Summary of Civil Rights Leader’s Change Influence Using Organizational Frames
Civil Rights Leader: Ella Baker
Address the following:
Provide a short summary of your civil rights leader’s biography. Include their birth and death dates, state(s) of residence, major accomplishments, etc.
State the influence or implications of your leader’s impact, prominence, and life’s work for educators:
For teachers and prospective administrators, or other professional roles For organizations (e.g., schools in particular, perhaps your current schools)
The ability to lead positive change is dependent on one’s organizational position and hierarchy.
Based on your selected person, do you believe this statement to be true or false? Briefly explain.
Identify the primary frame (Bolman & Deal, 2017) your civil rights leader may have worked from. Please consider all four frames in your response.
Did your civil rights leader seem to operate more from a structural, human resource, political, or symbolic frame? Explain your reasoning.
In the long run, how did this orientation seem to help or hinder the person’s ability to institute change? Explain.
Give one example of how “reframing” (e.g., viewing situations from multiple perspectives) might have helped the organizational change efforts of the key character in your selection.
Based on your selection:
- What does it take to make fundamental and lasting change?
- What do you think are identifiable conditions that distinguish successful change efforts from unsuccessful ones?
- If you were serving as a consultant to the civil rights leader you researched,
- What three fundamental elements of advice from your review of organizational theory or your text readings would you provide for his or her success or continued success?
- Based on theory and readings, what would you tell them they are doing right and what would you tell them they are doing wrong? Explain.
Support your statements with evidence from the required studies and your research. Cite and reference your sources in APA style.
We can write this or a similar paper for you! Simply fill the order form!