TED Talk Transcript:
WP # 1 Prompt: Rhetorical Analysis
Now that you are familiar with rhetorical strategies, you will compose a 4 to a 5-page essay that identifies, analyzes, and judges the claims of an argument.
For your essay, you will examine Dr. Christopher Bell’s TED Talk, “Bring on the Female Superheroes,” to identify what rhetorical strategies are used and how effective they are in persuading his audience.
Doctor Christopher Bells TED Talk Transcript Tips
This is not an essay about whether you are persuaded by Bell’s argument or not.
You want to explain why an argument is effective or not; do not simply identify it.
Consider the reader’s needs when describing evidence or examples from the talk.
Use all your senses when breaking-down Bell’s arguments.
Creativity is always appreciated by your audience!
Doctor Christopher Bells TED Talk Transcript Resources
TED Talk: https://www.ted.com/talks/christopher_bell_bring_on_the_female_superheroes?language=en
TED Talk Transcript:
Rules and Guidelines:
All essays must conform to the academic writing rules and format of the genre.
Doctor Christopher Bells TED Talk Transcript Essay Description
Your essay must use:
o 12-point font size
o Times New Roman font
o Double-spaced paragraphs
o Proper heading and page numbers
o 1-inch margins
- Be sure to spell check and proofread your work to ensure credibility.
- Rough and final drafts that are submitted late will incur a half-letter grade deduction for every class day the assignment is late.
Doctor Christopher Bells TED Talk Transcript Essay Deadline and Submission
o See your syllabus for deadlines and dropbox locations.
- Cover the required length and matter of the essay.
- You must use MLA format when citing evidence/quotes in your work.
o An MLA Works Cited page is required at the end of the essay.
- Do not use any outside sources in your work.
o Dictionaries, encyclopedias, and other reference texts included.
- Consider the reader’s needs when writing your work.
- See the grading rubric for further instructions on how to write an effective essay.