Human Resource Management Final Exam There are 5 essays. Each is worth 3 points for this exam. All are required. The exam is in word format, so you can type your responses directly onto this document.
You may use any resource you want/need to, but no citations are required. You must answer the first 4 AND either 5 or 6.
Your final copy is to be printed, stapled and name included (above). Bring it to Monday’s final exam and when completed attach it to section 1.
This document is in word format so just type your answers directly on it.
- Describe the common concepts between McGregor’s Theory X and Theory Y theory and Frederick Herzberg’s Two Factor Theory AND, combined, how they relate to employee engagement, satisfaction, and motivation (use any resource you need to answer this question).
- When terminating an employee for the cause what are the progressive steps, and description, an employer should take to 1. Communicate to the employee their performance/actions are not acceptable and 2. Protect the organization from unwanted litigation.
- Explain the six steps why Performance Appraisals are done and the benefits to both the organization and the employee.
- What are the benefits, for the organization and the employee for an organization to engage the services of a Professional Employer Organization?
Note: One of the two must be answered, 5 or 6. If you answer both only the first one will be corrected and counted toward your grade.
- Outline the provisions of the Family Medical Leave Act; legal requirements, provisions, protection, etc.
- Described the management behaviors of a supervisor who has a reputation for superior engagement and retention of their employees.