Human Resources Department of Small Organization 1. You are a member of the Human Resources Department of a medium-sized organization that is implementing a new inter-organizational system that will impact employees, customers, and suppliers.
Your manager has requested that you work with the system development team to create a communications plan for the project. He would like to meet with you in two hours to review your thoughts on the key objectives of the communications plan. What should those objectives be?
2. Steve Jobs was a strong, charismatic leader who co-founded Apple and is credited with much of the success of the company. Some believe that Tim Cook, who became CEO in 2011, embraces a more collaborative leadership style. Do research to compare and contrast the leadership styles of the two CEOs. (You may wish to view the 2013 movie JOBS, which portrays the story of Steve Jobs’ ascension from college dropout to Apple CEO.) Which CEO—Jobs or Cook—do you think developed and executed the most effective strategic plan? What evidence can you find to support your opinion?
3. WEBCOR: BUILDING BUY-IN IN THE BRICK-AND-MORTAR BUSINESS
4. You have been asked to draft a corporate usage policy regarding the use of instant messaging. The policy should encourage the use of IM and chat while also providing useful guidance to avoid potential problems. What would you say in the policy?
5. KNOWLEDGE MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS AND CRM
In answer to the challenges Nelnet faces in servicing a growing volume of student loans, the company chose to deploy a knowledge management system called OpenText Process Suite. Go online and investigate the features and capabilities of this suite of software products. What functions does Open Text provide that can augment and assist customer relationship management (CRM) systems? Find and briefly summarize a customer success story of an organization that integrated Open Text with its CRM system.
Each Discussion Question has 250 words and each question has 125 words reply
1. QUESTION: What are the basic reasons that people resist change? How can this resistance be overcome?
2. How would one distinguish between an organizational weakness and a threat to the organization?
3. Discuss the team dynamics for a highly effective or ineffective team of which you were a member. Can you explain why the team performed so well or so poorly?
4. Identify and briefly discuss one recommendation that should be followed when using a corporate blog for branding, marketing, or public relations purposes.
5. How would one define business intelligence (BI)? Identify and briefly discuss a real-world application of BI?
6. Provide an example of tacit knowledge and an example of explicit knowledge.
7. Provide a real-world example or describe a hypothetical situation in which a legitimate organization used to spam in an effective and nonintrusive manner to promote a product or service.
8. Provide an example of an action that is legal but not ethical and one that is ethical but not legal.