Nuclear Med Procedure Using Radiopharmaceutical Select a diagnostic procedure that requires the use of a radiopharmaceutical and report back to class (PowerPoint oral presentation with a synopsis for each class member),
1. What are the clinical indications for the test? How is the procedure performed?
1. What radiopharmaceutical(s) are required for the test and how are these prepared? What is the energy level? How is it made? How is quality control performed?
2. What equipment is required?
a. How is the test performed?
b. How does the radiopharmaceutical interact with the target organ (s)?
c. How is the radiopharmaceutical transported/metabolized in the body?
3. What is the Effective ½ life; Biological ½ life; Physical ½ life
4. How is it excreted?
5. Are there any special precautions for nursing mothers, children, elderly, etc.?