become more knowledgeable about finding and using varied research sources.
- further develop your critical thinking skills and back up your points with evidence.
- become more adept at synthesizing information and developing informed views.
- discipline yourself to follow a scholarly research format to document in-text sources and a reference page (bibliography).
- compose a well organized, clear, concise, research paper to expand your knowledge on a subject in your major.
Psychology Mental Health and or Medical Professionals General Instructions
For this last writing assignment, you will have the opportunity to choose any topic that you are interested or that we have studied this semester in the field of Psychology, this is an opportunity to explore a topic of personal interest and delve into greater detail on the chosen topic than we would have time to cover as an entire class.
For this opportunity you can pull from those topics that you already have begun building upon and plug the work into a research framework ( for example your Naturalistic Observation ), but make sure that I see some new research or reference material).
Your research should include a minimum of 5 references, with at least 2 references coming from either books or professional journal articles. Your research papers are to be prepared in APA format, for our purposes I am only asking that you do what is listed below:
1.Title page centered horizontally and vertically
2.Abstract –a brief summary of your findings
3.Psychology Mental Health and or Medical Professionals References
Your paper must contain these parts: ( You will lose points if these headings/with content are missing)
1)Title page centered horizontally and vertically
2)Abstract –a brief summary of your findings
3)Introduction: Your introductory material should set up your topic for your audience. Briefly summarize your findings on the subject –
In the introduction you will need to do the following things:
- present relevant background or contextual material
- define (any) terms or concepts when necessary
- explain the focus of the paper and your specific purpose
4) Body of Paper: Use subheadings, where appropriate, to separate different aspects of your paper which support your controlling idea (your thesis). The body of your paper should provide supporting evidence to support your thesis, in a logical, fully developed manner.
Writing the Body
Summarize, analyze, explain, and evaluate
5) Conclusion: Your conclusion should make some “wrap up” statements about what you learned about your chosen topic and the possible impact of your findings on people and perhaps society in general.^
6) Psychology Mental Health and or Medical Professionals References.
When I review your work (along with the 6 headings listed above, title page through references), I will be looking for some of the following questions as they are relevant, being addressed. So, it would help if these specific areas are highlighted in your work if they are indeed relevant to the work you have done.
1.Give a brief background of the subject or problem.
2.Include a personal discussion of your thoughts, bias, feelings towards the subject or problem prior to the research you conducted.
3.What types of research methods have been used to study this topic/problem?
4.What is the significance of this topic/problem? Why is it important for people to understand?
5.What is already known about this topic/problem?
6.What were the limitations that effected your efforts to research this topic/problem? Are there things that currently limit what we know about this topic/problem?
7.APPLICATION: how can your research be applied? Address the various possible audiences: by psychologists? By other mental health and/or medical professionals? By individuals and/or families? By institutions, governments or societies?
8.Relevance:is your research important to work going on currently in the field of psychology? How? Be specific.
9.Conclusions: what answers did your research provide for you? What are the unanswered questions, and/or the areas where further research is needed?
We can write this or a similar paper for you! Simply fill the order form!