The Executive Briefing for HyundaiCard Case Study Executive briefing for Hyundai Card case study
The CEO of Hyundai Card, has asked for your assistance as a consultant. Using your knowledge of entrepreneurship and your entrepreneurial skills developed on the course give your considered advice in the form of a REPORT covering the following aspects of the decision facing Hyundai Card:
• What are the bases on which Hyundai Card has built its competitive advantage and is relying to sustain this advantage?
• How well does the configuration of its current value chain match the drivers in the industry?
• Which of the alternatives being proposed for the company do you recommend and why?
• How does this recommendation address the strategic and operational challenges facing the company?
• What qualitative and quantitative evidence supports your recommendation?
• Are additional actions necessary as well?
• What are the financial and other resource issues?
• What are the implementation priorities and next steps?
Mark allocation and word allocation for each section of the report
Introduction -10 marks (300 words)
Literature Review (Tools to be used) -20 marks (600 words)
Critical Analysis of the case -50 marks (1,000 words)
Conclusion -10 marks (300 words)
Recommendations -10 marks (300 words)
The Executive Briefing for HyundaiCard Case Study
MODULE LEARNING OUTCOMES TO BE ASSESSED:-
UPON SUCCESSFUL COMPLETION OF THE MODULE THE STUDENTS WILL BE ABLE TO:
(1) IDENTIFY AND DETERMINE THE DRIVING FORCES IN A NEW VENTURE.
(2) ANALYSE HOW SUCCESSFUL ENTREPRENEURS AND INVESTORS CREATE, FIND, AND DIFFERENTIATE PROFITABLE AND DURABLE OPPORTUNITIES; IN PARTICULAR, HOW THEY TELL
THESE OPPORTUNITIES APART FROM JUST “OTHER GOOD IDEAS”.
(3) EVALUATE AND DETERMINE HOW SUCCESSFUL ENTREPRENEURS AND INVESTORS CREATE AND BUILD VALUE FOR THEMSELVES AND OTHERS.
(4) IDENTIFY AND DETERMINE THE NECESSARY FINANCIAL AND NON-FINANCIAL RESOURCES AVAILABLE FOR NEW VENTURES; THE CRITERIA USED TO SCREEN AND EVALUATE
PROPOSALS, THEIR ATTRACTIVENESS AND RISK, AND KNOW HOW TO OBTAIN START-UP AND EARLY GROWTH CAPITAL.
(5) DETERMINE THE CRITICAL TASKS TO BE ACCOMPLISHED, THE HURDLES TO BE OVERCOME DURING START-UP AND EARLY GROWTH, AND WHAT HAS TO HAPPEN TO ENSURE SUCCESS.
(6) APPLY THE OPPORTUNITY SCREENING CRITERIA TO ACTUAL START-UP IDEAS, AND SUBSEQUENTLY, DEVELOP A BUSINESS PLAN SUITABLE FOR PRESENTATION TO INVESTORS AND
(7) DEVELOP AND ANALYSE INTEGRATED FINANCIAL PROJECTIONS FOR START-UP VENTURES.