WEB DuBois Booker T Washington and Marcus Garvey Directions: Answer in good essay format 5 of the following questions. You may answer the sixth question for extra credit.
Each essay is 20 points. You must submit to full pages for each essay. (Note if you submit less than two full pages your score will be reduced.)
Your essay should be in essay format. Introduction, Body, Conclusion. Your essay should be analytic not simply descriptive.
- Discuss the philosophical differences between W.E. B. DuBois, Booker T. Washington, and Marcus Garvey.
- Enumerate and discuss the factors that led to race riots in the U.S. between 1900-1923. How did these riots affect the socio-economic development of the African-American population?
- Analyze the competing strategies and effectiveness of African American organizations in the 1920ís.
- Identify the most significant people involved in the Harlem Renaissance and explain their lasting contributions.
- What role did Racism play in the Scottsboro Boys case and the Tuskegee Experiment?
- Describe the roles that African American actors and actresses were restricted to in early Hollywood movies. Who were some of the major Hollywood stars?