Brief Family Therapy Plan
For this assignment, you will be developing a family therapy plan for a family dealing with a substance use disorder.
Part 1: Write a 300-700-word counseling scenario for a family dealing with a substance use disorder. Please note the scenario should be hypothetical and lend itself to one of the brief substance use disorder therapy models discussed in CSAT TIP #34. Include information about his/her life circumstances and add family members with descriptive information about each family member and about the family’s interactions to the scenario.
Part 2: Write a 750-1,250-word paper to provide brief therapy to the hypothetical client and his/her family using one of the brief therapy models described in CSAT TIP #34.
Your plan should include the following:
1. The therapy model you will implement with the family and rationale for the selected model.
2. Two to four initial counseling goals that you hope to achieve using this model.
3. Planned frequency and duration of counseling.
4. A description of three counseling activities, exercises, or homework assignments that you will use (one in the initial session, one in a subsequent session, and one at termination) that are consistent with the model you have selected.
While APA style is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected, and in-text citations and references should be presented using APA documentation guidelines, which can be found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
This assignment meets the following NASAC Standards:
6) Appreciate the importance of family, social networks, and community systems in the treatment and recovery process.
95) Understand the characteristics and dynamics of families, couples, and intimate dyads affected by addiction.
96) Be familiar with and appropriately use models of diagnosis and intervention for families, couples, and intimate dyads, including extended, kinship, or tribal family structures.
97) Facilitate the engagement of selected members of the family, couple, or intimate dyed in the treatment and recovery process.
98) Help members of the family, couple, or intimate dyed understand the interaction between their system and addiction.
99) Help families, couples, and intimate dyads adopt strategies and behaviors that sustain recovery and maintain healthy relationships.
104) Describe how addiction affects families and significant/concerned others.
In this assignment, you are to include the following section headings in your paper.
Therapy Model Implementation and Rationale
Initial Counseling Goals
Frequency and Duration of Counseling
Counseling Activities, Exercises, or Homework Assignments
Academic papers are also to include an introduction, conclusion, in-text citations and a reference list. Please review the APA Guide in the Writing Center for the correct formatting and use of these academic requirements.
We can write this or a similar paper for you! Simply fill the order form!