Creating a 3D Package with Full Color Graphics The goal is to create a 3D package covered with full-color graphics. This package will be used to package your product.
Creating a 3D Package with Full Color Graphics Guidelines
Graphics for the package must match your label designs closely (if not exactly).
1. Look at templates on Artios CAD, or draw your own.
2. Template shape can be customized to suit your graphic design approach, or used “as is”.
3. Use layout software (CAD) to position your graphics on the template.
4. Include necessary items: ingredients, a bar code, nutrition information, product blurb, contents volume, etc. as needed.
5. Print your graphics/template page on high quality paper. You may use permanent spray to draw your graphic print.
6. Cut out template, score all fold lines, and glue holder together (carefully).
Consider the shape of the package other than the basic ‘straight-edge’ model. The generic templates can be customized with die-cut edges, windows, or an
interesting handle shape to enliven your design.
Creating a 3D Package with Full Color Graphics Requirement for the Final Report
1. Product overview.
2. Picture of the three labels.
3. The design brief document. Pg. 152. Fig. 4.2
4. Picture of a three dimensional block layout. (Hand drawing)
5. Picture of the die cut layout. (Hand and CAD drawing)
6. Pictures of the first prototype.
7. Define the weaknesses of the first prototype.
8. Explain the process of improving your prototype. How did you improve the prototype?
9. Picture of the final package with printed graphics adhered to or stenciled on package.
10. Conclusion: explain how this package could be improved.
Student should email the final report as a word file