Employment Discrimination Law in America Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964
– Race Discrimination
-National Origin Discrimination
-The American’s with Disabilities Act (Disability Discrimination)
-The Age Discrimination in Employment Act (Age Discrimination)
Research one of the specific laws from the list above. Then write a detailed research paper on the topic, which must include following information:
1) An introduction that includes what the law you researched and the prohibited practices and scope of the coverage of the law (e.g. ADA, ADEA, Title VII)
2) Explain the law including its protections.
3) What elements are necessary for a plaintiff to prove and what defenses may an employer assert.
4) The process for filing the claim.
5) The remedies available for plaintiffs.
6) At least five relevant business cases and their outcomes, cases should all focus on your topic, for example age, religion, disability, race.
7) Employer liability for actions of employees and/or customers.
8) Your opinion on the problem, the laws and their enforcement.
9) Your thoughts and ideas on what a business should do to protect itself from violating the law.