You have been given a dataset containing Identifiler® genotypes from 200 individuals. Your first task is to analyse this dataset in terms of its potential usefulness as a database for individual identification purposes
In an investigation being carried out in an Arab country, a match has been observed between a DNA profile generated from a crime scene stain and the DNA profile generated from a white Caucasian male arrested by police.
The DNA profile generated is shown below:
D8S1179 8, 17
D21S11 34, 34.2
D7S820 9, 9
CSF1PO 8, 14
D3S1358 14, 14
TH01 8, 10
D13S317 9, 10
D16S539 14, 15
D2S1338 19, 19
D19S433 11, 14.2
vWA 18, 18
TPOX 10, 10
D18S51 11, 19
D5S818 8, 9
FGA 18.2, 19.2
Match probability estimates using this database have been provided for the investigation but the defence team has raised the inappropriateness of the database as an issue.
Your second task is to evaluate why the defence team may have raised this issue.
You must present your results in a scientific manner (take a look at published articles) detailing every analysis carried out and discussing the results obtained
• You must demonstrate that you have met the learning outcomes listed below.
• As you prepare your assessment, consider the assessment criteria listed below.
This assessment will test your ability to meet the following learning outcomes described in your module booklet:
1. Apply the principles of population genetics to forensic science.
2. Analyse and assess genetic data using different population genetic software.
3. Critically evaluate genetic data using statistical analyses for forensic purposes.
4. Present and defend the rationale of forensic DNA evidence in relation to population genetics theory.
5. Discuss and evaluate critically the genetic relationships of individuals and populations.
1. Evidence of thorough data analysis skills.
2. Evidence of ability to interpret results accurately.
3. Evidence of wide reading and comprehension.
4. Evidence of incorporation of independent thought.
We can write this or a similar paper for you! Simply fill the order form!