This assignment is designed to help you think about how the founders wrote the Constitution and examine how the presidency and Congress are functioning today.
Consider the current Congress and Office of the President.
Discuss how contemporary activities of these two branches of the U.S. government compare and contrast with the intentions of the founders. Use specific examples, and include support from at least 3 sources, 1 of which can be your textbook. Your examination of the topic should include information about the following:
- Structure and makeup of Congress
- Differences between the House of Representatives and the Senate
- Powers granted to Congress by the Constitution
- Powers granted to the President by the Constitution
- Checks and balances of power, considering Congress, the President, and the judiciary
- Roles and responsibilities of the President
- Evolution of presidential power
- How bills become laws
Format your assignment as one of the following:
- 15- to 18-slide presentation with detailed speaker notes
- 850- to 900-word paper
- Another format approved by your instructor
- Include citations for all unoriginal ideas, facts, or definitions in an APA-formatted reference list.
We can write this or a similar paper for you! Simply fill the order form!