Leadership Case Study
Dr. Patch Adams makes an excellent subject for the topic of out-groups, due to his unconventional approach to practicing medicine in the U.S. Dr. Adams gained visibility through the eponymous film starring Robin Williams. Dr. Adams is the Founder and Director of the Gesundheit Institute, a holistic medical community providing free medical care to thousands of patients since 1971. The website offers links to videos of some of Dr. Adamsí lectures (http://www.patchadams.org), which can be shown in class or assigned as homework. You are to write a 3-5 page essay (not including reference page and cover page) while addressing the following:
- Discuss how Adam’s vision was formed.
- How did he develop compassion for the outsider and marginalized?
- Is compassion inborn or learned?
- How does humor fit into health care delivery?
- Why aren’t there more people like Adams?
- In your essay, explain how Dr. Adams fits into either an out group or in group- support your answer.
Your paper will be evaluated on the following:
- Structure and mechanics
- Relevance to the topic(s)
Your paper is to be written in an APA-Style format. This includes the following:
- 12 point font
- Times New Roman font
- 1 inch margins
- cover page
- reference page
- in-text citations
For more detailed instructions and information on how to write an APA-style paper, please visit https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/. There is an extensive data bank on how to incorporate in-text citations, and properly format your references.
We can write this or a similar paper for you! Simply fill the order form!