Market Competition for Consumer Products The essay should be between 250-400 words. You should submit your answers in essay (not in a Q&A format).
You are required to pick a consumer product and discuss the followings:
1. What is the product? [Hint: this can be as broad as you want, like computers, TVs, cars or as brand specific as possible, such as Twinkles, iPhone. Think about how you will answer the questions below before you pick your product].
2. What are the substitutes and complements for this product?
3. Is the price elasticity of demand greater or below 1? In other words, how sensitive are the consumers to this price change in this product? [Hint: best to be support by news article, news report, financial report, journal articles. If you do have support, please add proper citations and bibliography section]
4. Is this product a normal good, inferior good? Why?
5. Describe the market competition for this product (perfect competition, oligopoly, monopoly, etc.) Who are the main producers?
6. What factors would affect the demand for this product?
7. What factors would affect the supply for this product? What inputs does it require?