Renewable electricity generation source for ontario

Renewable electricity generation source for ontario
Renewable electricity generation source for ontario

Renewable electricity generation source for ontario

Ontario is an international leader in its use of renewable energy sources for electricity production; more than 80 % of electricity produced in Ontario is from renewable resources, primarily nuclear and hydro, with a small contribution from solar, wind and biofuel (CNS, 2018). However, the remaining ~20 % is produced via the combustion of natural gas (CNS, 2018), a process that produces carbon dioxide, a potent greenhouse gas. With the release of the Ontario Climate Change Action Plan in 2016, an endowment was given of $17 million to invest in strategies to reduce greenhouse gas pollution in the Greater Toronto Area and surrounding southern Ontario region. This endowment is planned to be used to reduce the reliance of Ontario on natural gas and shift toward more sustainable sources of electricity production. Therefore, the Ontario Ministry of the Environment is looking to hire an environmental consultant to perform a detailed assessment of the sources of renewable energy available in Ontario and recommend to the Ministry which source it should move forward with in the province. The assessment report would need to include:
• A recommended renewable electricity generation source
• A description of how the source produces energy with a discussion of general
advantages and disadvantages
• A cost analysis of the recommended source
• Discussion of an example case where the energy source has been used in another area
globally

Assignment Instructions

1. Based on the information that was covered in lecture and in the in class activities, choose a renewable source of energy that you think would work best for Ontario’s energy production in the future.

2. Collect 6 literature sources on this topic. The sources can only be from books, peer reviewed journals (if you choose), or credible websites (government or academic websites). Use of information from other websites is not acceptable.

3. Write a 1000 to 1500 word report of your topic that includes all of the requirements that the Ontario Ministry of the Environment is interested in:
• A recommended renewable electricity generation source
• A description of how the source produces energy with a discussion of general
advantages and disadvantages
• A cost analysis of the recommended source
• Discussion of an example case where the energy source has been used in another area
globally

4. In text citations should be cited using APA style. A bibliography should be included at the end of the report also using APA style. See Purdue Owl for help with APA: https://owl.purdue.edu/owl/research_and_citation/apa_style/apa_formatting_and_style_guide/general_format.html

5. Include a descriptive and informative title for your assessment.

YOU CAN CHOOSE:

  • Wave and Tidal Energy
  • Geothermal and Biomass Energy
  • Wind Energy
  • Solar Energy
  • Hydroelectric Energy

We can write this or a similar paper for you! Simply fill the order form!

Unlike most other websites we deliver what we promise;

  • Our Support Staff are online 24/7
  • Our Writers are available 24/7
  • Most Urgent order is delivered with 6 Hrs
  • 100% Original Assignment Plagiarism report can be sent to you upon request.

GET 15 % DISCOUNT TODAY use the discount code PAPER15 at the order form.

Type of paper Academic level Subject area
Number of pages Paper urgency Cost per page:
 Total: