TEFL Theory and Methodology
This paper requires an in-depth knowledge and understanding of TEFL theory and methodology.
Expected grade: A*
0% plagiarism and no grammatical errors
Please cite and reference all sources you used in the proposal. At least good 5 sources are required.
Project Proposal Title: The effects of drama-based instruction on English oral communication skills and motivation in learning English
Planning, critiquing and evaluating an aspect of TEFL. Submit a proposal for a practical, small-scale investigation of a TEFL issue or issues raised by the module.
You need to develop your project proposal:
- Identifying key questions or issues you wish to investigate;
- Finding ideas in the module material that will underpin the project;
- Deciding which method or methods will best enable you to collect and analyse appropriate evidence;
- Mapping out the practical detail and timescale for the project.
Structure of the project proposal
Your project proposal should address the following areas, which are discussed in detail:
This should be a concise description of your proposed project such as in the examples above. It should convey how you intend to relate the content of the module to your own investigation.
- The aims of the investigation
You will need to set out clearly what you wish to find out through your investigation.
- The rationale and main conceptual themes for the investigation
You will need to discuss the significance of the project you are proposing and your reasons for choosing it. You should discuss these issues in both academic and practical terms, by considering such questions as:
- Why have I chosen this topic to investigate?
- Why is it important and significant topic to investigate?
- What are the relevant ideas and issues in the module material?
Identify the main conceptual strands and EFL theory which relate to your topic.
- A description of the evidence you intend to collect
You should give careful thought to the kinds of evidence that will best help you answer your research questions but which can feasibly be collected in the time available and in the settings to which you will have access, for example:
- observation notes
- responses to interviews
- responses to questionnaires
- documents possibly including policy documents, research reports, TEFL texts or examples of students’ work.
- The methods you plan to use to collect your evidence
This is not a module on research methodology, and you will not be expected to construct a sophisticated research design. However, you should be able to explain briefly why the methods you choose to use match the aims of your project and help to answer the research questions.
- A description of the settings in which you plan to collect your evidence.
This section should be brief, but the information you provide here will enable your tutor to understand the context of your investigation.
- The ethical issues you need to consider
You should include some reflection on the issues raised in the BERA document and class discussion and indicate ways in which you will respect the privacy of individuals and the confidentiality of relating data to them.
- The methods you expect to use to analyse the evidence you collect.
You should begin to consider the kinds of frameworks you might devise to categorise your evidence and the themes which you might adopt as organising principles for your analysis, albeit fairly hypothetical at this stage.
9 The timetable for for the proposed project
Indicate when you are going to collect your data and do your analysis and how long you expect each stage of the project to take.
- Focus of the proposal (is the project appropriately focused given its small scale (20%)
- The degree to which the research topic draws on theory presented in the module (10%)
- The relationship between the aims of the project and the suggested research methodology ( including the type of evidence to be collected) (30%)
- The degree to which the timetable for the project is realistic in relation to the study context. (10%)
We can write this or a similar paper for you! Simply fill the order form!