The Virtual Memory Manager VMM Most operating systems use a virtual memory manager (VMM) whose responsibility is to manage the relationship between the virtual organization of memory as seen by an application with the physical organization of memory from the operating system’s point of view.
Virtual memory addresses must be mapped to physical address and vice versa.
Write a four to five (3-4) page paper in which you:
1. Differentiate between virtual memory and physical memory.
2. Evaluate the benefits gained by running applications when the operating system uses a virtual memory manager.
3. Analyze how virtual memory addresses get translated into physical addresses.
4. Analyze how a modern operating system translates 32-bit and 64-bit virtual addresses to physical addresses on the same machine.
5. Create a relationship diagram, using MS Visio or Dia, depicting the relationship between virtual addresses to physical addresses. Note: The graphically depicted solution is not included in the required page length.
6. Use at least three (3) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites