Developmentally Appropriate Practices 1. Present research that supports a rationale for the value of children’s play opportunities.
- Provide evidence to explain the rationale/belief for the use of play in developmentally appropriate practices for teaching and ensure learning for all children.
- Reflect on appropriate strategies for including play as a means of teaching ìcontentî to young children.
- Present your beliefs/opinions about the importance of play as a means of teaching content. Be sure to cite your sources to back up your belief/opinions.
- Include research that demonstrates the importance of social opportunities such as recess, sports, and subject areas including art, music, motor development, etc.
- Present a critical analysis of the importance of the inclusion of arts and sports in the school versus the elimination of these by supplementing the school day with more seat time in academic study.
Consider headings for each section.
Reminder when presenting your opinion correctly quotes your references and thoughts of a theorist to ensure that your opinion is not misaligned with a theorist’s original ideas.
- Include information from current research-based peer-reviewed journals from 2005 – a current date that value play as well as other areas including academics that help a child to grow developmentally healthy and well rounded. It is expected that you will use a minimum of two direct quotes from published experts in the field.
Include a minimum of three references: textbook, peer-reviewed journal, a reputable internet resource.
The paper must be APA format with a title page and reference page included.