My Parent was Authoritarian Focus on Parenting Read the section titled “Focus on Parenting” on pages 101-104.
This section discusses three distinct parenting styles and types of discipline. The three styles discussed are:
1. Authoritarian: strict rules, little rationale given for the rules, “because I say so,” rules are enforced with punishment
2. Permissive: few rules, rare punishment, child given too much autonomy and independence at too early of an age
3. Authoritative: parent as authority figure, provides good explanations for rules, free discussion of rules with child, children more involved, tend to use reinforcement more than punishment
For this week’s Journal entry, answer the following questions. Be sure to include factual, properly cited information in your post.
What parenting and discipline style did your parent(s) or caregiver(s) use with you? How has this impacted your life? After reading the research, would you choose the same or a different method to raise your children?
BOOK IS (INTRO TO PSYCHOLOGY: GATEWAY TO MIND AND BEHAVIOR)
1. Write at least 200 words about this topic and be sure to answer all 3 questions listed above.
2. Make sure to cite a source in your journal assignment using APA style. The source may be your text or any other source you research