Non Profit Organization and their Potential Funders Non-profit organizations expend a great amount of time and effort to understand their potential funders so they can appropriately craft their proposals.
Research a non-profit organization and identify a potential funding need for a particular project they want to implement. (Note: You may interview someone from the organization to gather this information, or you may infer this information from the organization’s web materials. If it is easier to create a hypothetical need, you may do so.)
Non Profit Organization and their Potential Funders
Using foundation resources from the web, research potential funders for this project by looking at the priorities of these funding agencies. Evaluate these potential funders by asking questions such as the following:
- What types of needs are they interested in addressing? For example, are they specifically interested in serving particular populations?
- What geographical priorities might they have?
- What solutions are they interested in funding? For example, some funders do not want to fund capital improvements.
Others may not want to fund staffing.
Based on your research, which three funders should the non-profit organization pursue? Why? What, if any, alterations might the organization need to make to its initial project idea to appeal to these funders?
Write a proposal containing this information, addressed to the executive director of the organization you have identified.
Non Profit Organization and their Potential Funders Assignment requirements
- Your proposal should be 3- pages in length, not counting the required title and reference pages.
- Cite the three funders you recommend in your proposal in the Reference page(s)