The Making of a Quagmire and a Movie Apocalypse Now Short Essay about The Making of a Quagmire, Last Night I Dream Of Peace and a movie Apocalypse Now Final Exam
?Once an eagle, flying through the air, was struck by a dart. And, when he saw the fashion of the feathers on the shaft, exclaimed, ?not by others, but by
our own hands, are we now smitten?? AESCHYLUS, ca. 437 a.d.
The Making of a Quagmire and a Movie Apocalypse Now Essay Writing Directions
DIRECTIONS: Write a well organized argumentative essay responding to one of the FOUR questions , below. Your essay should be a minimum of 600 words in length, contain a clear thesis and supporting Topic Sentences, and will contain a Works Cited in accordance with the MLA format–though it must have at least three entries, two for the two works you are writing about, and one required statement that says with whom you worked and for how long, or a statement to the
effect that you worked alone–which I do not encourage. WORK TOGETHER–trade drafts via email or some other means. You must, however, keystroke your own paper, even though you and your collaborators might use the same outline. (80 points)
1. Analyze the critical thinking involved in the burning down of the village in PLATOON, using the evidence in TMOQ and Unit 5, Logic.
2. Analyze one extended scene in APOCALYPSE NOW or APOCALYPSE NOW REDUX. An example would be the French Plantation Scene or the Do Long Bridge, or analyze the reporter played by Dennis Hopper or COL Kurtz or the character of Chief. Document your sources.
3. What is a lesson that you learned from LAST NIGHT I DREAMED OF PEACE? Or, analyze the logic of a decision that Dr, Tram makes in LNIDOP based on evidence
from the text, e.g.based on what you know from the book, why does she volunteer to go to South Viet Nam, or why does she take the risks that she does? Or, if
she were alive today, what would she think of her place in Vietnamese history?
4. In LNIDOP, Dr. Tram cites the inspiration she receives from Kieu and asks if she can be patient and long suffering as Kieu was. Compare and/or contrast
Dr. Tram with the character of Kieu.
5. Answer the question posed recently by a student: ?What have I learned in this course, which is focused on Viet Nam in the early period, that I might be
able to use in my future?? A FULL CREDIT RESPONSE WILL INCLUDE A REFERENCE TO LNIDOP
Note: You may NOT write about the same topic on the Final Exam that you addressed in your research paper. Employ some critical thinking, take some risks,
exhibit some scholarship, learn something and have some fun. Note this is a short essay? two pages only, worth
The Making of a Quagmire and a Movie Apocalypse Now Sources of Reference
Note: Document your sources. AND MAKE SURE THAT YOU HAVE YOUR PARENTHETICAL NOTES CORRECT PER THE SAMPLES AND GUIDANCE IN UNIT 6 AND SAMPLES ALSO IN UNIT 4.
This short essay requires to read 2 books, LNIDOP = Last Night I Dream Of Peace and TMOQ = The Making of a Quagmire. Also it requires to watch one movie,
either Apocalypse Now or Apocalypse Now Redux. Also After watching the movie please provide a Movie Review about this just make it one page itself I will add
1 extra page just for the movie review.
Link for the Units: https://www.deanza.edu/faculty/swenssonjohn/writingguide.html