Don’t try to copy answers from the textbook. Make sure your answers and submission follow syllabus requirements:
- Use PubMed or another abstract database (available from FIU library website) to find an academic journal article on a health topic of interest to you. Read the article to find the answers to these questions: (a) What was the main study question? (b) Who participated in the study, where did it take place, and when was it conducted? (c) What study design was used? and (d) What was the answer to the main study question?
- Find a recent news story from the popular press about a newly released health research report. Look up and read the scientific article on which the news report was based. Was the news story accurate? Did it leave out any critical information?
- Do you identify with a particular ethnic group? Do you know of any health conditions that you are at special risk for because of your ethnic background? Are these conditions genetic? Are they related to health behaviors?
- What are some of the conditions related to poverty that increase the risk of infectious diseases? Noncommunicable disease? Neuropsychiatric disorders? Injuries?
Newly Released Health Research Report Rubric
- The responses question demonstrated comprehensive knowledge of the assigned material
- The question responses were thoroughly supported by evidence, examples, and observations.
- The question responses were clearly and coherently developed- ideas progressed seamlessly from one response to another.
- The submission was:
- Typed double spaced with 12-pt font and 1-inch margins
- Free of grammatical errors
- All sources were properly cited and referenced, using APA formatting.