- Explain the difference between civil liberties and civil rights. What types of current political issues related to civil liberties?
- In your own words, describe the protections contained in the 9th and 10th Amendments. Explain how the protections in these amendments differ from Amendments 1–8.
- Analyze the language of the Due Process Clause of the 14th Amendment. Explain how this clause affected the relationship between the Bill of Rights responsibilities required of the federal government and Bill of Rights responsibilities required of the state governments.
“No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges and immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property without due process of law.” – 14th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution
- In your own words, define the incorporation doctrine and the practice of selective incorporation. Explain how the significance of the Due Process Clause of the 14thAmendment as they relate to these concepts.
- The fact that African Americans and women were denied the right to vote seems implausible today. But many groups are still restricted from voting. Create a list of these groups (for example, ex-felons, legal aliens, people under age 18), and discuss why these groups do not have the right to vote and whether they should. Include reference to efforts in 2018 to expand and protect voting rights. You can find news articles about these efforts.
We can write this or a similar paper for you! Simply fill the order form!