2. Which of the following men helped to found the Ku Klux Klan during the late 1860s?
- William Holmes
b. Nathan Bedford Forrest
c. Billy James
d. Oscar Handlin
3. Which of the following factors is not a basic element of nativism?
- none of these answers
b. racial equality
c. the use of clubs
4. Which of the following organizations helped to fuel nativism in the U.S. Northeast during the late 1800s?
- The Ku Klux Klan
b. The Anti-Slavery Society
c. American Protective Society
d.The Workingmen’s’ Party
5. The Chinese resisted the Chinese Exclusion Act by:
- Buying false papers showing family connections in the U.S.
b. None of the answers is correct
c. Burning down Chinatown in San Francisco
d. Attacking the governor of the state