My stand on this paper is that there should be mandatory drug testing to receive them. I want somewhere in the paper it to talk about welfare fraud
You need to complete an argument paper that proves your topic is a problem in North Carolina. You are going to show the following in your paper:
Mandatory Drug Testing to Receive Welfare Benefits Essay Paper
- A specific claim that promotes your position (side) on how your topic/issue is a problem in North Carolina – Remember, the argument is based around the idea that people disagree and/or take various sides on an issue. You need to take a firm stand on how your topic is a problem in our state. Do not simply state a fact, like, “There are many homeless people in North Carolina.” This is not an argument. It is a fact that has been proven with research. However, you could argue, “The increasing homeless population in NC is largely due to mental health issues that are not properly addressed because of state laws.”
- Logical reasoning and evidence that prove your claim – You need to craft an organized and logical argument that proves your claim. You must present sound reasoning that is supported with scholarly, relevant and recent evidence. It is also important how you present this information, meaning the research you use should not take the place of your own writing. Remember, research is there to support YOUR reasoning, not take the place of it.
- You understand opposing claims/points of view and can refute them – You need to show that you understand the varying points of view on your topic and that you can analyze, paraphrase or summarize them. Also, you are able to refute these opposing claims using logic, reasoning, and evidence (not simply stating that others are “wrong” in their opinion).
- You understand your college-level audience and write to them in an objective, high style using clear, concise language – Even though this argument is based off your own opinion, you still need to write in a formal manner. Don’t use wording that “hedges” your argument, like, “I believe” and “I think.” Write in a confident tone. You are the authority of this argument. Do not rely on sources too much or have sources take over your essay. Your research should support your voice, not replace your voice as the authority in this argument. You want to continue to show that you have progressed in your writing through this semester. It should be clear, concise and virtually free of basic errors in grammar and mechanics.
- You understand how to properly create a full citation and in-text citation using MLA guidelines.
Mandatory Drug Testing to Receive Welfare Benefits Assignment Paper
*To complete the assignment:
- Write a four-page argument paper (not including your Works Cited page) that focuses on proving your topic is a problem in North Carolina
- Use MLA citation
- Incorporate and properly cite a minimum of 5 sources
We can write this or a similar paper for you! Simply fill the order form!